Monday, March 17, 2008

Spring Cleaning # 30 - Take a load off our drives

For this post I looked through all of the files on my computer. First, I moved and deleted a file to the S: drive. I had never used this drive before. I don't know how often I'll need it, but it's good to know it's there. They, I looked at the P: drive. I already had my own folder on my branch's P: drive. I use this folder when I am on a computer that is not logged into my person profile, but I still need to save or work on a project. It wasn't in too bad of shape, but I did delete some items and move some other items to my Z: drive. I already had quite a collection of folders going on in my Z: drive. As I have been with HCPL less that 2 years, nothing was too old. However, I did take this opportunity to clean up and further organize some of my folders so that they are now a little easier to navigate. Overall, I found I was already somewhat organized but that it was good to have an incentive to clean up a little before the messiness got out of hand. As it was, it only took about 20 minutes to clean everything up.

No comments: