Friday, March 14, 2008

Spring Cleaning #29 - Email

I do already have a personal email address, so I've never had a problem with having to use my work email as a personal email (except for my husband who always emails me books to request for him, but I guess that is kind of work-related). My inbox is pretty clear and I actually just recently deleted a large amount of trash and sent emails. I've used the folder system since I started at HCPL. However, I noticed what I need to go through were the folders I had already set up. Because these folders were going on 2 years, I noticed that many of the items were outdated and no longer needed. I've started to go through these folders and clean them up, delete some, and consolidate others. This takes a little bit longer because now I need to think carefully about what I really need and what I am just holding on to as a security blanket! Hopefully, I will continue to do a good job of keeping my inbox, sent and trash boxes clear-perhaps on a weekly basis. I probably need to actually looking at my folders on a quarterly basis.

No comments: