Thursday, October 2, 2008

Wellness #41 part 1

Activity 1:
I used the Yahoo!Green to calculate my carbon footprint. Unfortunately it is 18.1 while the average is 9.44. So our footprint is above average. It all comes from our vehicles.

Activity 2:
I do enjoy going to farmer's markets. Here in the Clear Lake, we have a rather small market. I don't buy much from there because there isn't much available. I havent' been to the big one in Houston. I have visited the farmer's markets in Dallas and Austin when I lived in those places. The Dallas one had tons of vegetables. But I really enjoyed the Austin one the best. There was a good amount of fresh veggies, but also lots of vendors selling other items, such as local goat cheese, bread, and cooked items. It really gives you the flavor of a town.

No comments: